Wednesday 30 April 2008

Keep myself awake



I hate it that I am most inspired to write when I should be sleeping. As mentioned in my entry of 12/03/08, I like my sleep. Why, then, is it that my best ideas occur to me in the early hours of the morning? I will be laying there, willing myself to fall asleep (it's a cruel irony that someone who likes sleep so much should suffer from mild insomnia), when the idea for a plot or even just a line to include in a story somewhere will pop into my head. And of course this further prevents me from dropping off; do I risk going to sleep and just hope I will remember to write down my idea in the morning? No, there's no way I'll remember it. So on goes the PDA (turning on a lamp to write on paper instead is a) too much effort, and b) the light would hurt my eyes), tap-tap-tap, I type everything out painstakingly slowly. By this time of course there's no stopping the flow of words and before I know it, it's 5am, I have to be up by 9, and I'm exhausted.

5 comments:

Detective KimE said...

It's true the best ideas do come at night. I hope you finaly get your sleep.

Sam said...

Thanks! I did, eventually, but I ended up having a really weird dream. @__@

Saiyu said...

lolol it could be a lot worse - i'm inspired to write when doing assignments ¬¬

Sam said...

That's true. I prefer sleep to writing assignments though ;)

Southern Belle said...

I hate nights like these- you can't sleep until you have released words from your mind. I am having one now! x