Tuesday 8 April 2008

Isn't it ironic, don'tcha think?

I find it interesting that one of my most recent posts was all about how much I enjoy sleeping, and yet lately that's the one thing I haven't really had much of. When I was home over easter there wasn't a single night when I got a decent night's sleep; it either took me several hours to actually get to sleep, no matter how tired I was or what time I went to bed, or it was a disrupted sleep whereby I would wake up multiple times in the early hours of the morning for no apparent reason. More often then not it was both. The former I'm pretty much used to now. I don't like it, but I don't think there's much I can do about mild insomnia.

The latter seems to have become more exaggerated since my return to uni (granted, it's only been two days so far). Whereas during the holiday I would wake up say at 4:20am, 5am, 7:30am, 8:10am etc, I would only wake up enough to glance at the clock, observe that it was much too early to be waking up, and go back to sleep. The last couple of days however, I have woken up at 7:00am. Been absolutely, completely wide awake. I wouldn't complain - it means I have more time in the morning to do whatever I want - but it means that by late afternoon I am getting incredibly tired and practically falling asleep in my dinner.

Maybe, when time allows it, I should start taking afternoon naps. I don't want to mess with my sleep schedule too much though.

3 comments:

Detective KimE said...

I wasn't able to sleep on holiday either. Then again that could be because half way through my mum put her foot through my bed.

Saiyu said...

it's pretty hard for ppl to wake me up when i'm in whitters because i still have a bunk bed, and make a point of sleeping close to the wall.

Sam said...

Miss Mcpixie - yes, I rather think that would make sleeping awkward!!

Saiyu - Bunkbeds and me don't get on. But heh, that's a good idea! A++