Wednesday 9 April 2008

My Addiction

The first rays of sunlight are just poking through the blinds. I don’t know how long I’ve lain here, just watching him sleep on peacefully. He stirs slightly and cuddles even closer up to me, almost as though he were trying to become part of me. I brush some hair away from his eyes and gently kiss his forehead, smiling when he murmurs something incoherent.

The last few weeks have been almost unbearable. He’d had to fly to Canada for various meetings and I was tied up here...we’d figured we’d be okay, we would take it in turns to call each other and it would be like we were really together. But we hadn’t realised just how busy we would both be, and we went days without even talking to each other. It was hell. I had trouble sleeping and I lost my appetite. My friends and family were worried, constantly asking me what was wrong. But I couldn’t tell them. They wouldn’t understand.

Then last night I became whole again. His trip was finally over and he came back to my house, waiting for me to return from yet another family get-together where the only topic of conversation was my well-being. I don’t blame them for worrying, but really there was only one man who could stop me from drowning in loneliness.

I’d barely closed the front door behind me when he pounced, pinning me to the wall and covering my mouth with his. We spent all night relearning each other’s bodies, feasting on each other. He finally drifted off to sleep in my arms, contented yet exhausted, but I remained awake, unable to stop looking at him, worried he might leave me again and I’d be left alone.

I feel him tense in my arms, then he stretches, yawning widely. He lazily opens his eyes and sees me staring down at him. He blushes.

“Hey, sexy,”

The blush deepens and he cranes his neck to kiss me softly. “Mornin’.” His voice is thick with sleep.

It’s moments like this that I realise I live for my blonde angel. My addiction.

2 comments:

Southern Belle said...

is this for your writing identity?

Sam said...

Nope, it's a piece I wrote a couple of years ago now. I just found it again last night and thought I'd post it.