Monday 28 April 2008

Music Meme

Following a conversation with Saiyu, we decided to do this music meme. I was hoping for more variation, but clearly I have too much nineties cheese on my itunes!

None of the stories are linked in any way, and if anyone wants an explanation feel free to ask and I’ll explain what they’re meant to be about~

Rules of the Music Meme:

1. Turn on your music player and put it on random/shuffle.
2. For each song that plays, write something related to the theme you picked
inspired by the song. You have only the time frame of the song. No fair
skipping songs either; you have to take what comes by chance.
3. Do 5 of these, then post.

1) Crawling Back to You – Backstreet Boys



I was stupid. No. Stupid doesn’t even begin to cover it. I let the best thing that has ever happened to me go because…because I was afraid. There, I said it. Bet you never thought you’d hear someone like me ever admit something like that, huh? But it’s true. I know it’s a cliché, but it was those three little words that I couldn’t handle. I thought I wasn’t ready, thought you were asking too much. Guess I was wrong, because I have just been so goddamn miserable without you. It’s not too late, is it? Will you let me make up for my mistake?

2) Teenagers – My Chemical Romance



I always knew that transferring to a new school would be one of the most difficult things I would ever have to do. I would have to make new friends as well as learn the new teaching style of the school. The latter I would probably work out easily enough. Walking into the students’ common room that first day was the hardest. I didn’t know what to expect, and as all eyes turned to me I knew I had to make a decision and fast. But not only that, I had to make the right decision. Choosing where to sit on my first day would impact my entire school career. The common room was so divided, each clique had their own area. There were the emos, quiet and miserable looking; the geeks, stereotypically reading books and discussing some video game; the plastics, straightening each others hair and discussing a celeb magazine; the sporty ones; the people who didn’t really fit into a clique and so banded together for the sake of having somewhere to sit.

Taking a deep breath and locking my eyes on the group in the corner, I made my way over to the people who would determine how much I enjoyed my final two years of school.

I still don’t know if I sat in the right place.

3) What I Go To School For – Busted



Sometimes he wondered if it was just a phase; it couldn’t possibly be normal to feel this strongly for someone so unobtainable. He tried convincing himself it was just because of his age – teenage boys are prone to lusting after all sorts of women. But his geography teacher? She was in her early thirties, but that didn’t matter to him. The younger teachers didn’t interest him, she had something they didn’t. He kept his obsession quiet, couldn’t bear telling his friends because he just knew they would mock him and then spread it around the school. And that made him feel so alone, but that didn’t mean he would force himself to stop obsessing over her every waking minute. Maybe one day he would even be able to tell her how he felt.

4) Don’t Wanna Let You Go – Five



Pressing her back against the wood of the wardrobe, dusty coats and dresses threatening to suffocate her, she tried to slow her breathing. Her breaths were coming in ragged gasps and she was sure he…whoever he was, would hear her. She closed her eyes, wishing it wasn’t so hot and cramped in the wardrobe. Desperate for a hiding place, she had climbed into it without thinking. Now she realised her stupidity; this would probably be the first place he looked. But there was nothing she could do about that now, only hope and pray to a God she hadn’t believed in for seven years, that her hunter would not discover her.

5) Barbie Girl – Aqua



She was cute, but I couldn’t honestly see myself spending the rest of my life with her. I guess she was just a convenience; the sex was good but other than that the time we spent together wasn’t exactly full of deep conversations. Maybe that makes me an asshole, but whatever. Sometimes I wondered why I kept her around, her voice was so high pitched it upset all dogs within a fifty mile radius and she asked the stupidest questions. But blondes (even if it was from a bottle) with big racks were the ‘in thing’, and I had the hottest girl in showbiz.

1 comment:

Saiyu said...

XDDD love it! We have the best random ideas