Saturday 12 July 2008

All work and no play

Makes Laney even duller than she was before.

My contracted hours at the Co Op are Wednesdays 4pm-10pm, Fridays 6pm-10pm, and alternate Saturdays, i.e. one week I will do 10am-4pm, the following Saturday I will do 4pm-10pm and so on. However because I only live around the corner, I have said that I can do over time whenever I'm needed. As such I have been called in to work every day this week due to one of my colleagues being on holiday; I don't mind because for the most part I enjoy working there, plus it means I will get paid more :3

So this morning I got up and went round there for 10am, only to be told that actually I was meant to be working tonight. Cue confusion on my part, as I was sure I'd done the late shift last week, meaning this week it should be the day shift. Turns out I did, but because this guy has been on holiday, the supervisor was meant to have informed me that I need to work tonight so that we're not understaffed. Would've been useful if I'd been told before I turned up...

But no harm done. The downside is that now I'm going to miss my friend's birthday party thing, but I guess it can't be helped :(

2 comments:

Detective KimE said...

Is it fun working there and what do you do?

Southern Belle said...

I work five days a week missy- three days ain't bad!