Tuesday 21 October 2008

The Never Found

Cross-posted to my writing journal, as is most of my creative writing.

The Never Found

The sky is heavy here
A cold grey veil
I can’t escape

It’s stifling here
Where the air is fresh
But alien. I can’t breathe,
Feel trapped.

It is only now that I can
Can bring myself to visit.
Four year passed
So much has happened
Yet so little.

Do you watch us?
You are nowhere,
Everywhere at once.

A stone cross marks the place
Where you should be.
I turn away; I’ve seen enough.

3 comments:

Southern Belle said...

Well done! x

Detective KimE said...

Makes me think about walking through a cloudy mist. The mist of the past, I can find so much meaning in it, even though it's probably about a specific thing.

Sam said...

Heh, it was actually about someone visiting a graveyard, but I'm glad you found a different meaning to it! That's what I like in poetry, that you can interpret it in so many different ways. Thanks!