Wednesday 15 October 2008

I took a walk on the wild side of life / 'Cause I'm not like you

Ah, it's been such a long time since I've posted a blog. Meme's non-inclusive, I mean, 'cause that's kinda just the easy way out of blogging, interesting as it is. It's understandable that I didn't post anything over the summer - limited internet access coupled with Bad Things meant there was quite literally nothing to blog about.

Since coming back to uni though, I think it's more just a case of laziness. I've had several posts planned out, but haven't got round to actually writing and publishing them. My bad.

Anyway, I thought it was about time I got back into the swing of blogging, and not just randomness on my LJ. And a task we were set in class today seemed like a good way to do this~

We're looking at short stories in one of the Creative Writing modules and today our new tutor set us what I thought was a pretty fascinating task; to write a bad short short story (i.e. less then 80s words if possible). We've had to write short short stories before, but never have we been asked to write a bad story. Surprisingly enough it was trickier then you would expect; I've read a lot of badfic on the internet so thought it would be pretty easy to follow the 'rules' that these stories seem to follow: ridiculously pretty lead females, handsome lead males who of course fall in love with the blatant self-insert/Sue female lead, over the top and unnecessary descriptions...

Anyway, this is what I came up with:

Her eyes glittered like the sea in the silver moonlight. The young couple were enveloped in the darkness of the night, unaware of anything outside of each other. The man ran his fingers through her waist-length jet black hair, caressed the smooth, ivory skin of her cheek with his thumb. He wanted to be beautiful like her, young forever like her, and as he felt the sharp sting of elongated fangs sink into the soft flesh of his neck, he smiled.

Lol.

2 comments:

Detective KimE said...

That's too good to be bad...

Sam said...

Heh, thanks. I was trying to get some cliches and too much description in there...