Saturday 14 June 2008

"Goodbye", words cannot convey it

Goodbye, dust that appeared despite how often I cleaned

Goodbye, bookshelf that I was in constant danger of head-butting

Goodbye, mahusive notice board

Goodbye, curtain that doesn’t keep out the light from the lamp post outside my window

Goodbye, semi-hidden plug sockets that I only discovered a month after living here

Goodbye, mouldy shower curtain

Goodbye, toilet that flushes weirdly

Goodbye, suspicious-puke-smelling-stain-that-appeared-in-the-kitchen-in-the-four-days-I-was-away


Yes, I will miss you, D-6-c.


I will not, however, miss my flatmates. Ex-flatmates, I suppose they are now. We've had our good moments, we've had our bad moments. But do you know what the icing on the metaphorical cake that I'd love to smush into Nena's face is? I got up this morning to have some breakfast and found that my milk was gone from the fridge. Not gone as in, chucked down the sink, the empty container chucked in the bin. Just gone. Needless to say I wasn't impressed. I have low blood sugar in the mornings and seeing as I'm going to be carrying heavy bags to the bus station, I kinda needed something to sustain me. But there's nothing I can do about it. SO. I opened the freezer to get my remaining 2 slices of bread out to make a sandwich for the journey and...it's not there. I dread to think why she felt the need to take my bread out of my freezer drawer, but she did! Thanks Nena. It's not like I need to eat anything today, despite having a 6 hour journey ahead of me.

2 comments:

Saiyu said...

ohnoes! and the effort you went to as well to find a sandwich!

flatmates are a waste of space aren't they?

Detective KimE said...

That is just plain rude! Then again at least you hopefully never have to see them again. That gives me comfort in the dark nights.